Data Center PEG
The Data Center Product Emulator Group (PEG) is one of two PEGs. The emulators define the application needs and system performance targets, based upon an understanding of the consequences of parallelism, virtualization, and software defined networks. Each PEG report will be divided into near term (10 years) and long term (30 years) sections. The near term will look more like a traditional iNEMI Product Emulator Group (PEG) structure with well-defined attributes evolving over specific time intervals (application needs). The long term will be more speculative with less specificity on attributes (system targets).
- High bandwidth (single mode/wave division multiplex)
- Low latency
- Low power consumption
- Continuous duty at full speed
- Thermal stability for photonic components
- Heterogeneous integration
- Variable frequency for power reduction
- Redundancy or other means to insure no failures
- Optical to electronic (O to E) and electronic to optical (E to O) located in PWB mounted SiP (system in package)
- Low cost with path to continuous cost improvement
For information about this PEG, contact Bob Pfahl, Chair.