Internet of Things PEG
The Internet of Things (IoT) Product Emulator Group (PEG) is one of two PEGs. The emulators define the application needs and system performance targets, based upon an understanding of the consequences of parallelism, virtualization, and software defined networks. Each PEG report will be divided into near term (10 years) and long term (30 years) sections. The near term will look more like a traditional iNEMI Product Emulator Group (PEG) structure with well-defined attributes evolving over specific time intervals (application needs). The long term will be more speculative with less specificity on attributes (system targets).
Internet of Things (IoT) PEG
- Very low cost with path for continuous cost reduction
- Store and forward capability for sensor data
- Very low power consumption
- Intermittent duty, standby/sleep mode
- Standard photonic parts for all applications
- Heterogeneous integration with standard and customized parts integrated into a single SiP
For information about this PEG, contact Richard Grzbowski, Chair.